Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Where o where is my creativity??

The car is packed & Sage is walking around whining because she knows we're going on a car ride soon, & she LOVES going in the car so she's very antsy. We're not sure if Josh will get let off soon or not so we're just waiting around......

Anyways, lately I have really wanted to be crafty. By nature, I'm two things - decently good at things (when I work at it), & a bit of an OCD perfectionist - in an anal kind of way of course, like I freak out if one curly-q is not quite like the others. This is frustrating, because I'd love to be crafty, but I get so easily frustrated, I quit. I've recently been thinking about conquering that analness (is it even possible?). I want to sew, I want to be able to make pillows & make cards & homemade gifts for people & do crafts with our kids one day. I'm starting by making something as a Christmas gift this year for a few people. It's not really something I can mess up, I don't think, so it's a good place to start. I also have a friend that has a card-making class every month that I'd like to attend to try my hand at that. My friend Molly is super duper creative... if I could have an ounce of her talent (& clearly, patience!) I'd be happy! So, thus begins my new endeavor. Maybe I will succeed.

I'll show you my homemade Christmas gift after Christmas! I am excited about it.

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! This is what I am thankful for:

"But when the goodness & loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to His own mercy, by the washing of regeneration & renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life."
Titus 3:4-7

1 comment:

Molly Swanson said...

you are the sweetest and I can't wait to see what you create! you warmed my heart today :) happy crafting!