Friday, September 26, 2008

Beauty in Truth

Sometimes when I'm spending time in the Word, a verse jumps out at me & I read it over again... & my heart is stirred by the beauty of the truth spoken. God's Word is full of amazing promises & full of the love He has for us. If you don't spend time reading the Bible daily, I pray that you start to... there is no other way to truly know the heart of the God that created & loves us more than ANYTHING.

Whenever a verse stirs my heart, I take a whole page in my journal to write it out & dwell on it, highlighting key words or phases. I'd like to share the verses that I have written down - I pray your heart is stirred as well!

O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord is steadfast love & with Him is plentiful redemption!
Psalms 130:7

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
1 Corin. 13:12

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out all fear.
1 John 4:18

Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Romans 13:10

The Lord is merciful & gracious, slow to anger & abounding in steadfast love.
Psalms 103:8

...& He will be the stability of your times, abundance of salvation, wisdom, & knowledge...
Isaiah 33:6

Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace...
Hebrews 4:16

But our citizenship is in Heaven, & from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ...
Phil. 3:20

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him.
Psalms 62:5

For God is not a God of confusion, but of peace.
1 Corin. 14:33

1 comment:

Claire said...

I love it! Such great examples of TRUTH! I also loved our chat yesterday...we will see ya'll soon!