Friday, July 16, 2010

Week 26

Fruit/Veggie
English Hothouse Cucumber (I've been told these are the wrapped ones at the store)

Size
14 inches, 1.75 lbs

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com.)
He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat.

Best Moment this Week
I had a great time in Austin with my friends eating tons of food & talking up a storm, & they threw me a surprise mini-shower & gave me super cute sleepers & books for Elliot, as well as his crib sheets & some bath wash. So sweet of them! Josh also made our shower look like a fancy-pants house shower (seriously, looks so good, I'll put up pictures once everything is cleaned & such). & I won that mei tai! Yay!

Gender
BOY! Elliot James.

Movement
I have started paying attention to where his movements are because I'm thinking he might be lying transverse across my belly instead of up & down. He does some switching around but this is what it seems to be most of the time. So I'm planning on asking about that at my next appointment & doing some exercises to get him head down so he doesn't get stuck like that.

Food Craving
This week's fruits: honeydew, white nectarines, strawberries, bananas, oranges. I had a hankering for queso a couple times this week too.

Sleep
Sleep has been okay. It hasn't changed much since last week. I still occasionally (about 3/4 times a week) wake up on my back & it HURTS bad.

What I am looking forward to
We start our childbirth classes in about 3 weeks. I know that is a weird thing to look forward to, but I'm more looking forward to feeling prepared & equipped for the whole ordeal. Plus I like to learn. Does that make me nerdy??

Symptoms
Nausea (I think it's coming back, it feels the same as the first trimester onset), exhaustion, back pain (though not as bad as last week), hip pain, less stomach room, having a harder time working out so I am trading one of my four workouts a week for prenatal yoga. It'll probably soon become two workouts. I think I need to start working out longer & less intensely. I'm definitely feeling third-trimesterish!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Love yoga... I think it will help out a lot with the aches and pains.
It's also good, post-delivery, since you'll not be able to do hard-core workouts for a bit until your body re-regulates itself.

The hothouse cucumbers are the best! Tiny seeds, or seedless... so much better than the other ones. :)

AND, it's not nerdy to look forward to childbirth classes! I did too... AND, childbirth is not an "ordeal". It is not easy, per se, but it is wonderful. :)