Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week 29

Fruit/Veggie
Butternut squash (weight)

Size
Over 15 inches, 2.5 lbs

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com.)
His muscles & lungs are continuing to mature, & his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in his hardening skeleton each day.

Best Moment this Week
On Sunday we got to go to the church we went to in high school in Midland (also where I met Josh & where we got married). I love going back there. It holds a special place in my heart, for all the growth that I experienced in high school: learning how to have a relationship with God, experiencing being part of the Body of Christ, the relationships that are still so important to me.

Also, I had an appointment today & learned that not only did I pass my glucose test, but I passed it with flying colors, & the rest of my blood work looked awesome. It was encouraging to know that eating well & exercising has helped me stay healthy which in turn makes for a healthy baby!

Gender
BOY! Elliot James.

Movement
I found out today that Elliot is indeed transverse, lying horizontally across my stomach. But it was encouraging to know that he was breech at my 20 week appointment, so he is heading in the right direction. Anyways, that being said, I now know that the bump by my belly button is indeed his toosh, & what I thought were his feet are actually his head & hands. The type of movement hasn't changed in the past couple of weeks.

Food Craving
This week's fruits: watermelon, white nectarines, strawberries, blueberries, & oranges. This isn't really a craving, but I have been really thirsty lately, so I have been downing as much water as possible (& when water makes me nauseous, Crystal Light lemonade).

Sleep
The hip & lower back pain still wakes me up around 4 & I am uncomfortable for the remainder of the night. It sure makes getting up easy, because it just doesn't feel good to keep laying down at that point.

What I am looking forward to
Next week we start childbirth classes. They will be twice a week for the rest of August, then once a week for all of September. So we'll be busy, but I think we'll enjoy it. I'll also be 30 weeks Saturday, which seems like a milestone! 10 weeks to go!

Symptoms
Nausea, exhaustion, loose hips, back pain, continued stomach issues (can't eat too much at once, some things make me feel yucky).

No comments: