Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week 26

Fruit/Veggie
English Hothouse Cucumber

Size
14 inches, 1.75 lbs

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com.)
He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat.

Best Moment this Week
It's going to sound really lame, but Sunday night Josh & I got into a "clean out" mood & we got rid of a LOT of stuff. I cleaned out some things from Elliot's bathroom that we didn't need, & Josh got rid of a lot of clothes & shoes. I took several bags of stuff to Goodwill the next day, & gave some away to people through this online group called Freecycle. I love getting rid of things! I can't explain it, but I don't like to have things lying around the house that we don't use, & we definitely need to be making space right now as everything in the guest room will get shifted to other places. It's a step in the right direction!

Gender
BOY! Jack Wesley.

Movement
Jack is still moving around a lot more now. I can't quite tell how he's positioned yet, but he's taking up a good amount of space in there.

Food Craving
Still loving those CHERRIES! Yumm.

Sleep
Sleep is going downhill pretty fast. I have a hard time getting comfortable - my lower back hurts, & then my shoulders start to hurt since I can't straighten them out while laying down. Napping is getting harder. But, once I'm out at night, I'm out for good (minus potty breaks).

What I am looking forward to
Getting Elliot's big boy room ready! We just found some bunk beds on craigslist that we like. I have been looking for over a month & haven't seen anything we wanted. We will pick them up in a couple of weeks, so I need to get rid of the guest room furniture & get things cleared out in there!

Symptoms
Fatigue, back pain, water retention, starting to have Braxton Hicks contractions a bit, especially when working out - definitely having to slow it down now. I feel the third trimester coming on, for sure!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have been having fun selling things on craigslist. We are basically giving things away--I should check out freecycle. I love to get rid of stuff we are not using/have not used in such a long time--I love to de-clutter.
Have fun getting Jack's room ready!!

Whitney said...

Ahhh... it's been a while since I've been on ANY blogs... and I honestly can't believe how quickly this pregnancy seems to be going. I know it must not seem that way to you, but yikes! He's gonna be here before we know it! :) We need to hang out super soon. For real.