Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Week 27

Fruit/Veggie
Head of Cauliflower (weight)

Size
14 1/2 inches, almost 2 lbs

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com.)
He's sleeping & waking at regular intervals, opening & closing his eyes, & perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, his brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning - with a lot of medical help - if he were born now.

Best Moment this Week
I got to eat Rosa's! Yes that is superficial, but it was delicious. Time for them to head south to San Antonio! I also got my glucose test out of the way & had a good appointment; my midwife believes that Jack is head down which is great. He can still turn obviously, but it's good to know he can get there - Elliot had me worried until 35 weeks that he'd be stuck breech!

Gender
BOY! Jack Wesley.

Movement
Jack's feet were on the right side of my stomach for several days in a row - I felt one poking out a few times. He seems quite squirmy, & gives a few kicks & jabs every now & then, though they aren't painful yet.

Food Craving
Mexican food, which I got three times last weekend! ha. But eating Rosa's made me think about my favorite bean & cheese burrito ever, from Oscar's Super Burrito... I used to have them in high school all the time. SO GOOD.

Sleep
Sleep just isn't great anymore. As soon as I can situate my hips, my upper back & shoulders start hurting. When I wake up to turn over, I realize I have to go to the bathroom. I wake up in the mornings feeling like I haven't rested well, still very tired & could easily spend a couple more hours in bed. Naps used to be really nice, but now I feel as though I barely fall asleep by the time Elliot wakes up, even though I'm pretty sure I do sleep. I guess good sleep is gone for a while!

What I am looking forward to
Continuing to work on Elliot's big boy room. We sold a good chunk of the guest room furniture, but there is a lot of stuff from the closet & the drawers in there that needs to be put away somewhere else, so we're going to have to get creative with making space elsewhere. It'll be nice once his room is done & I can pull out all the baby stuff (clothes, newborn diapers, etc.) for the nursery again.

Symptoms
Fatigue (lots), back pain, shoulder pain, cramping during my workout.

No comments: