Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week 16

I saw this on someone else's blog, & I thought it was a cute idea! So, here we go!

Fruit/Veggie
Avocado :-)

Size
4 1/2 inches long, 3 1/2 ounces

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com. I won't bore you with everything, just the cool stuff.)
In the next few weeks, baby will double his weight & add inches to his length. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. His heart is now pumping 25 quarts of blood a day!

Best Moment this Week
I had been feeling baby only when I concentrated, but twice this week he flopped in a way that drew my attention - it was a big movement! I'm feeling him every day now, most of the time it's a ticklish feeling.

Gender
3 more weeks!! I hope baby cooperates! No, I don't "feel" one way or the other... I wish I knew!

Movement
See "Best Moment this Week."

Food Craving
Still watermelon of course, & snow cones always sound good as well. I also really like grapefruit, & celery with peanut butter. Oh, & I really like ranch dressing all of a sudden, mainly with raw veggies, & I got a ranch popcorn seasoning, yum!

Sleep
This one changes a lot. Last week I was waking up around 4 or 5 in the morning & not able to fall back to sleep very well. Then most of this week I've slept soundly, altho waking up feeling like I could still sleep for hours. But last night I woke up around 2:30 & couldn't fall back to sleep; I was thirsty & then nauseous when I drank water so that didn't help. I'm not completely uncomfortable yet though, so I'm still enjoying that. I have several dreams a night as well.

What I am looking forward to
Finding out who is in my belly! I want so badly to know baby's identity & name. I also am looking forward to my belly looking obviously pregnant - I don't like this in-between stage of just looking chunky.

Symptoms
Nausea, exhaustion, aversions, lower back pain, moodiness (oh yeah, that last one is fun for Josh :-) ).

No comments: