Monday, May 10, 2010

Week 17

Fruit/Veggie
Turnip

Size
5 inches, 5 oz.

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com.)
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, & the umbilical cord is growing thicker & stronger. He can move his joints, & his sweat glands are starting to develop.

Best Moment this Week
Mother's Day! I got cards from family, texts from friends, & got to spend time with Josh walking around La Cantera, ordering in Chinese food, & watching movies. I also now feel like I finally look pregnant instead of chunky - however I'm now not sure how I feel about this!! It's weird.

Gender
2 weeks!!

Movement
Not a ton this week, perhaps because I have been trying to keep more hydrated (since I don't drink water that is sometimes difficult) so more fluid may be making movements less easy to feel.

Food Craving
Watermelon. Really that's it. I did buy some (chicken) corn dogs today at the market because they sounded good.

Sleep
I have not been sleeping well. Part uncomfortable, but largely the inability to fall back to sleep when I wake up to go to the bathroom, as well as a headache that stuck around for about 4 days this week. Friday night it was POUNDING & I can't lay down when it hurts that bad.

What I am looking forward to
Starting to get the room ready! We are going to order the crib soon & are watching for a dresser. Josh is working on fixing up an old bookcase we got for free.

Symptoms
Slight nausea, exhaustion, headaches, aversions, lower back pain (I should mention, I don't know if this usually hits pregnant women this early, but I have a slipped disk that I'm pretty sure is what is being messed up now). Oh yes & pregnancy brain which leaves me mentally unreliable. You can consider this one a constant throughout pregnancy, from what I'm told. Just don't ask me to remember anything for you!

No comments: