Thursday, September 2, 2010

Week 33

Fruit/Veggie
Pineapple (weight)

Size
Over 17 inches, over 4 lbs

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com.)
He's rapidly losing that wrinkled alien look & his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move & slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal.

Best Moment this Week
We got a lot done in Elliot's room Saturday. Josh cleared out the rest of his stuff from Elliot's closet & we got a small shelving system to go in there. I got a few loads of blankets, sheets, towels, etc. washed & folded (& yesterday I started on his diaper stash). We got everything opened & most things put away somewhere, although there is still a lot to do.

Gender
BOY! Elliot James.

Movement
He's still squirming around a lot, but unfortunately still breech. If he doesn't flip by the 21st, an OB will do an external version to manually try to flip him. We are praying hard that he flips, I don't care how, but the sooner the better!!

Food Craving
This week's fruits: apples, strawberries, blackberries, white nectarines, grapes. I find myself these days being more picky about what I want to eat; things are starting to sound not good, not because of an aversion necessarily, but I think I'm getting tired of eating. Yuck.

Sleep
I'm starting not to sleep as well. I have a hard time falling asleep after getting up to go to the bathroom (for the 2nd or 3rd time), usually in the early morning around 3 or 4. I am getting uncomfortable toward when it's time to get up; my hips & back hurt.

What I am looking forward to
This weekend I'm going to run a few fun errands with my mom, as well as hang out in the pool (which is one recommendation for getting babies to flip). I'm looking forward to a bit of down time.

Symptoms
A little nausea, super tired, lower back pain, swelling, thirsty, HOT.

(& I'm going to add a new one... this will help me keep track of what I need to do.)
To-Do List & Progression
-Wash clothes newborn - 3 mos.
Status: not started
-Wash diapers
Status: prefolds & covers washed; pocket & AIO diapers, wipes not washed
-Get bookcase done
Status: not done (Josh's job)
-Hang fabric circles, other decor
Status: not started
-Pack hospital bag
Status: not started (waiting a couple weeks)
-Install car seat
Status: not done, but getting car washed today in order to install (fresh seats, you know)
-Make room in kitchen cabinets for bottles, sippy cups, plates, etc.
Status: not started

I'm sure I'll figure out more things to add to the list... I need to get busy!!

No comments: