Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Book Review: Prayer: Does it Make Any Difference? by Philip Yancey


I have been reading this book since summer (obviously taking my time). God had shown me that He wanted to use me to intercede for others in prayer, & He taught me a lot through this book.

Yancey discusses several different aspects of prayer, such as "Why Pray," "Does Prayer Change God," "Unanswered Prayer," & "Prayer & Physical Healing." He has lots of stories & perspectives of other people regarding prayer in their lives, & did a lot of research about the history of prayer in the church. I like that he always brought it back to the fact that prayer is really just conversing with God, the Creator, the Giver & Sustainer of life.

I have never felt like my prayer life was what God wanted it to be, & I was encouraged by this book & I think it gave me a better picture of prayer in my life. Of course since I took nearly a year to read it, I can't remember a lot of specifics about it, but I did like it, & if the subject of prayer interests you, I would suggest reading it.

1 comment:

Molly Swanson said...

this sounds like a really interesting book! I think Jeremy might have it...isn't it funny what new books you own when you get married? :)