Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oven fries, a marinade, & roasted asparagus

I made oven fries this week & they are super yummy!

Slice baking potatoes (about 2 servings for 1 potato) to your desired size (I like them thin). Toss with extra virgin olive oil, seasoning salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, or whichever blend of spices you like. Bake them at 450 for 30 minutes.

Also, I made rack of lamb for Easter, & the marinade I used was really yummy, & I think it would be good on other types of meat too. Here is the link for the recipe for the lamb, & below is the recipe for the marinade:

2 large garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of ground marjoram
½ teaspoon of ground ginger
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

I also made roasted asparagus to go alongside the lamb (& homemade bread & deviled eggs - YUM!!). Basically you drizzle the asparagus with EVOO then roast at 450 for about 10 minutes, then drizzle balsamic vinegar & sprinkle with salt. SO GOOD.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

mmmm, that does sound good! I make fries like that for the kids, but I use sweet potatos. It's a way to get some "orange" in them while they think they're getting junk food! :)