Wednesday, August 5, 2009

i'm so brave

You should know that this morning I got blood drawn (just to make sure I'm healthy... Josh will be going soon too)... & I didn't pass out (or cry or scream or kick the nurse in the shins or whatever else may have happened in the past). This is a big deal. I got a shot when I was 16 & hyperventilated. They made me lay down & drink water so I didn't pass out. After that my parents fought (or rock-paper-scissored it, I don't know exactly) over who had to take me to get a mole surgically removed... my dad lost & had to take me (I was 19, mind you). I have had no other needles near me since then.

So it was a big deal that I actually showed up... I was not hog-tied & dragged. I told the guy (in a hurried, high-pitched kind of way) that I could totally pass out & I was gonna close my eyes & he had to put everything away before he told me I could open them. & I survived! My mom was so proud. :-)

But I hurt!! The crease in my arm is all blue & painful. That is IT for being a big girl - no more needles!!!

3 comments:

Molly Swanson said...

I'm SO sorry that you had to endure this torture! agh!!! but you did great and I'm so proud of you! I'm sad that I missed you last weekend when y'all were in town...we need a girls weekend asap!

Whitney said...

trust me, one day you will ask for a needle... when it's the epidural kind! :)

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

I am just like you in this arena! I have NEVER had my blood taken and was super upset when I had to get an IV when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I have not had any needles near me in 5 years :)