Monday, August 3, 2009

More on Marriage

Here are some tips for marriage, written by people who have been married over 50 years, that I received in an email from Family Life:


Solve a big problem a little at a time.

Consider each other's opinions before making decisions.

Remember, you are not the Holy Spirit.

Always be truthful with one another.

Forgive one another as Christ forgave you.

Don't dwell on past failures; count your blessings and look forward to the future.

Have fun together.

Marriage is a lifelong commitment.

Keep courting and encouraging one another.

Trust each other and trust the Lord.

Say, "I love you" every day.

Look for ways to help and encourage one another.

Pray together.

Live the Bible--don't just know it.

You can't speak everything you think.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Ha! I love the "you are not the Holy Spirit" one! Maybe 'cause I need to remember that more often... :)

Becky and Patrick said...

You're going to start thinking I'm a crazy person, commenting on every post. BUT my mom reminds of the third one sometimes when I need to hear it. "Remember, you're not the Holy Spirit." Argh. Not my job to convict? Hm, apparently not! A lesson I haven't quite mastered.

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

i'm going to steal this and put it on my blog :) i need to think more about the 3rd one as well as the last one. geez. it's funny how something like this can convict you so easily, ya know?