Friday, August 28, 2009

Tonight feels like a Panera night

To answer Bailey... the Spinach & Artichoke mac n cheese was not bad. Not super amazing tho. I'm pretty picky with how the things I cook come out... I think I'm a bigger critic when I cook it... it probably would have tasted better if someone else made it! But I don't think it will be something I make again. Which, honestly, is most of our meals... 83.7% of the time I cook new recipes anyways! Maybe when I'm 50 I'll have a good list of reappearing meals... right now it's about 4. :-)

I have been pondering a lot of things lately... humility... what it means to live a "peaceful & quiet life" (1 Tim. 2:2)... obedience even to the point of losing friends (which for me is at the core issue of caring what people think about me)... what it looks like to live Romans 14:22 ("the faith that you have, keep between yourself & God.")... accepting the personality God gave me & living in the confidence of knowing Him... thoughts anyone? Have any of you dealt with any of these issues lately?

I feel like lately God has been specifying what He has for me. For two years I have kind of felt like I was floundering, not quite sure what His purpose for me was... now I think I'm beginning to see what it is at this point, & what it will be. I still don't know how He used me the past 2 years, specifically, but I do know that I have grown more in that time than any other time in my life, have been transformed, refined, given knowledge & understanding, & I'm very thankful for it.

This weekend makes the fourth weekend in a row that we have had normal, at-home weekends... I think that is a record for us! I love it. It is much more restful & we have the chance to spend time with friends.

That being said, we will soon find ourselves in DC again, getting to spend more time with Zac & Cara & see some of the sights we missed last time... yay!

I can't believe it's already almost September... that month signifies the beginning of fall in my mind... cool weather coming... perhaps lower than 100 degrees!! :-)

I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: