Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Week 18

(I'm a little behind; I'm actually 19 weeks now!)

Fruit/Veggie
Bell pepper

Size
5 1/2 inches, 7 oz.

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com.)
He's busy flexing his arms & legs. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, & his ears are now in their final position. A protective cover of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born.

Best Moment this Week
Finding out who is in my belly! (See Gender below.) We also got to go hang out with some old friends this weekend at a lake house, which was fun & relaxing.

Gender
BOY - Jack Wesley. Jack is the name of one of my dad's grandfathers who helped raise him. We wanted to pass on a name from my dad's side since he doesn't have any sons or brothers to carry on his last name. Jack was quick to show us his gender during the ultrasound! Thankfully, the little guy is measuring a little smaller than his brother was at that point (though his head is measuring big & round, no surprise there!). But everything looks perfectly healthy so we are thankful!

Movement
I'm still not feeling Jack near as much or as strongly as I felt Elliot at this point. But Elliot came out a really strong little guy, so Jack may just be a little smaller, or less active. I usually feel him when he is feeling a bit cramped by how I am sitting or laying, or when he has the hiccups.

Food Craving
The cravings are getting a little out of hand. Seriously, I never craved sweets with Elliot. This time is a different story. I am praying for self-control because I shouldn't eat whatever I want! However, here are some of the past week's cravings: root beer, Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch ice cream, mint chocolate chip ice cream, coconut cream pie.

Sleep
I'm sleeping okay still. I am still sleeping without the pregnancy pillow & want to keep it that way as long as possible!

What I am looking forward to
Josh & I get to go on our anniversary trip soon! I'm so excited to get away with him. Life has been busy lately, & we both need a break from just STUFF, to just spend time with each other, relaxing. Can't WAIT.

Symptoms
I'm really feeling pretty decent at this point. I had some nauseous days last week, which I'm sure was a growth spurt. It's starting to get harder to get my rings on, which makes sense as it gets warmer out.

No comments: