Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thursday is the day before Friday!

Hello all!

This week has actually gone by pretty quickly. Josh might disagree. Since Tuesday, he has had to be at work at 6 because for part of his training he is spending time in the company's yard, but he's gotten off at 3 every day as well, so we've had more time to run errands, like joining our bank accounts & phone plans, & getting our washer & dryer installed (my dryer has a light on the inside that comes on when you open it - I'm way excited about it). So it's been nice having him here earlier in the afternoon - although that means I haven't had much progress in the apartment! Oh well!

Lindsey visited me Tuesday on her way through town, so we got to hang out & eat some Krispy Kreme's. I was glad to see her & spend time with her. I also got a phone call that day that was so encouraging. Josh & I have been praying for months to quickly find a church home & to make friends (because the Bible is quite clear that we are meant to have both - a church body & people to encourage us & keep us accountable - so I knew that was something God would do). Obviously we're still waiting about knowing which church to belong to. But we met one couple Sunday that we got to talk to for a while, & she called me Tuesday to ask me to coffee & tell me how much they liked us & wanted to be friends. It was such a blessing! We met today at Starbucks (I finally got an iced latte - it's been a week, y'all!) & spent three hours talking about so much stuff, not much of it superficial at all. It was such a great time & I'm so excited about this couple that we might become good friends with. Even if not, it was still a great time of conversation & I'm quite thankful for it.

I'm excited for the weekend! We have a lot to do here to get this place in order, so we'll probably do that most of the time, but hopefully with a pool break or something else fun.

We really appreciate y'alls prayers for us, & I really love getting calls from y'all - I'm sorry to those of you I haven't called yet - I'm really not sure sometimes how the day gets away from me! But we really want to maintain our friendships. & know that we have a spare bedroom that is always available - unless someone else is sleeping in it, of course. :-) We love y'all!

J&C

(I asked Josh if he had any messages for the blog world, & he started talking to Toby - "kittttyyyyyy, kittyyyyyy....")

No comments: