Monday, June 11, 2007

We're married!

Hey everyone! So we got married, went on our wonderful honeymoon to Victoria in British Columbia, spent a couple days in Cloudcroft, & now we are finally here in San Antonio! Josh started work today & will be training hardcore for the next couple of months, including some traveling (all in Texas) that I'm planning on joining him on. I've been trying to get everything we own out of boxes & where it belongs! It's been quite a process & there is still a long way to go! But we really like our apartment & it already feels like home.

I'm praying that God shows me where He wants me spending my time soon... whether it be very involved in a church, an organization, or getting a part-time job... if you pray for us, pray for that, & that He would quickly show us which church He wants us to be a part of. We want to get involved & start meeting people, so we're really looking forward to becoming a part of a local church body. We visited a church yesterday but don't feel a peace about it, so we're still praying & waiting & will visit another one this coming weekend.

I would also like to mention that I busted Josh's lip. My watch kind of smacked him in the mouth when we were playing with my dog. Whoops.

Toby (my cat) & Josh are bonding as well.

We really are pretty boring people.

I did discover that HEB makes almost every possible product in their grocery store with their own brand that is much cheaper & for the most part tastes the same... I mean, I knew they had that brand, but they really do make just about everything. Except their soup options are pretty slim.

Our big plates don't fit in our cabinets so the door just doesn't close all the way.

I'm really trying here, but we don't have much exciting news for you all right now. We are enjoying hanging out (without cable!), putting our apartment together, & playing with the kitty. It's a pretty simple life right now... but a good one.

Till next time!

J&C

5 comments:

kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristin said...

yay for blogs :) that was my comment that was deleted, by the way. I was playing around with setting up a new blog and so it had 'bloggy blog' as the name and I didn't think that was as fitting as 'kristin'.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
Glad to get a word from you two and to know you are getting settled into the "work a day" world. It's hot here so I know it's baking in SA. Glad you srarted the blog so we can keep up with you. Will continue to pray for you as you seek a place of service.
Lynn & Barbara

Anonymous said...

YAY for Hill Country Fare!!
Talk to you soon!
Bailey

Jennifer Bacak said...

Welcome to the blogging world! it's great.
Welcome to the Hill Country Fair brand at HEB. It rocks.
Welcome to married life! It's awesome! Doesn't it feel like a slumber party every night? So fun!
Rusty and I think of you often, and miss you guys already. We want to see you when you head back to Aggieland!
jenn