Saturday, July 7, 2012

Week 29

Fruit/Veggie
Butternut squash (weight)

Size
Over 15 inches, 2.5 lbs

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com.)
His muscles & lungs are continuing to mature, & his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in his hardening skeleton each day.

Best Moment this Week
Ummm... I'm kind of having a hard time remembering much of the past week. Josh has had to work a lot lately, which has been rough because some days he doesn't make it home until after Elliot is in bed, which means I get no break. But, the Lord has been gracious & has given Elliot & I some good days so I'm not completely exhausted by the end of the day.

We have had a really productive weekend so far... yesterday Josh took Elliot to a store so I went out (by myself!! I slowly walked the aisles of Target :) ) & ended up buying bedding for the bunk beds - check that off the list! We have made some progress on cleaning out Elliot's new room as well, & Josh closed up the hole that a pesky squirrel has used to get into our attic. We're heading out to run some errands this afternoon. I'm thankful for a relaxing but productive weekend at home!

Gender
BOY! Jack Wesley.

Movement
Jack's movement has slowed back down. About a month ago he had ramped it up a bit during his growth spurt, but now he is pretty chill again. My midwives believe his head is down, which is a new experience for me since Elliot was breech until week 35 & just kept moving & flipping all around until then. Jack seems very comfortable as he is, which is nice!

Food Craving
I have been enjoying peaches & nectarines lately, yum. I have been craving the chocolate chip macaroon cookies that we had in Rhode Island... I will probably make them soon. I will say the cravings have not been very intense the past couple of weeks.

Sleep
It's been harder to fall asleep at night, so I have nixed the super-naps & have attempted to take short, 30 minute naps instead. I'm still exhausted when I wake up in the morning. I wake more during the night now due to being uncomfortable - lower back pain, hip pain, & shoulder pain.

What I am looking forward to
I know, boring, but - still looking forward to getting Elliot's room done & all his stuff moved over so I can bust out the baby stuff again. Some of my friends are throwing me a small shower with some church friends next weekend, so I'm looking forward to that too!

Symptoms
Fatigue, back/shoulder/hip pain, shortness of breath, less stomach room.

No comments: