Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week 30

Fruit/Veggie
Head of cabbage

Size
About 15.7 inches, almost 3 lbs

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com.)
His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision.

Best Moment this Week
I've been able to check a lot of things off the to-do list this week, which has been really nice. Otherwise, honestly, it's been a rough week! Mainly just due to pregnancy - I haven't had a ton of patience for things so I find myself easily frustrated, annoyed, disappointed, etc. Oh, pregnancy hormones! So lovely.

Gender
BOY! Jack Wesley.

Movement
He's pretty consistent these days - I feel body parts pushing out at the top of my stomach a lot during the day, but he's still overall pretty chill, & so far doesn't really kick, just squirms & stretches, which is like Elliot was.

Food Craving
Blech. This week I have turned a corner & food just sounds gross a lot of the time. I feel like I eat the same old things over & over. My stomach has easily been upset this week too with no obvious reason. I know I dealt with this in the last trimester with Elliot too, just not sure if it'll stick around or not.

Sleep
I'm sleeping a little better this week than I have the past couple of weeks. I still find myself uncomfortable at times, but I'm OUT otherwise. I'm waking up 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom, & I realized I look pretty ridiculous crawling out of bed & walking to the bathroom - with the back pain, stomach cramping from the instant movement, & my left eye that always feels dry as sandpaper when I wake up (weird), I probably look similar to a seasick pirate.

What I am looking forward to
The past couple of days, I have realized I'm really looking forward to wearing jeans again - the non-maternity kind. Silly, but that is the one kind of clothing I really miss when I'm pregnant.

Symptoms
Fatigue, back pain, upset stomach, shortness of breath, knee pain.

1 comment:

Angie and Tom said...

One of my eyes is always super dry when I wake up to pee!! Pregnancy is so weird.