Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Week 34

Fruit/Veggie
Cantaloupe (weight)

Size
Almost 18 inches, about 4.75 lbs

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com.)
His fat layers - which he'll need to regulate his body temperature once he's born - are filling out, making him rounder. His central nervous system is maturing & his lungs are continuing to mature as well.

Best Moment this Week
We had a great weekend with Zac & Cara. They loved on Elliot (& he loved them just as much) which was so great to see, since they mean so much to us but haven't been able to see Elliot in person since he was 2 months old. I have also gotten a lot done this week which is nice!

Gender
BOY! Jack Wesley.

Movement
Same old thing! This little guy is very consistent.

Food Craving
I have been eating a lot of grapes & white peaches recently (it's been a great grape season! nice & crispy). Besides that, blech, not a big fan of food still. Which is frustrating when I feel like I'm constantly hungry.

Sleep
Going down the drain that's for sure! I'm really uncomfortable so it takes a while to get to sleep. I sleep pretty hard still, minus potty breaks, unless I wake in the early morning (after 3ish) & then I have a hard time getting back to sleep.

What I am looking forward to
One day... I will wear jeans & a t-shirt again. That is very exciting to me!

Symptoms
Fatigue, back pain, shoulder pain when sleeping, Braxton Hicks, & a new one: foot pain. My metatarsal has been hurting for two weeks now & it's gotten a lot worse this week. Exercise is painful now, & I'm limping a lot. I'm hoping it's something that will go away after Jack is born... I'll be talking to my midwives about it this week.

To Do List
-Finish Elliot's room (buy bookcase, buy lamp, make up top bunk, move in his clothes/books/toys)
-Move Elliot to new room - he's done great!
-Get out baby clothes, burp rags, etc. & wash
-Wash newborn diapers
-Raise crib & attach mobile
-Fill out hospital pre-admittance paperwork (will finish up after my appointment Thurs, hopefully)
-Print birth plan & get signed by midwives
-Pack hospital bag (around 36 weeks) including getting postpartum supplies ready
-Put together pack-n-play in bedroom
-Put together swing & bouncer
-Install infant carseat
-Check/replace necessary newborn supplies: pacis, bottles/nipples, pump parts
-Buy Elliot a big brother gift from Jack to give him at the hospital

No comments: