Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Week 33

Fruit/Veggie
Pineapple (weight)

Size
Over 17 inches, over 4 lbs

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com.)
He's rapidly losing that wrinkled alien look & his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move & slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (Hopefully they will do some overlapping, unlike Elliot who came out with a perfectly round head - though it looks nice, it hurts!)

Best Moment this Week
I got my massage Saturday which was nice - especially after Elliot's first puking episode Friday night. I do NOT do throw up y'all. I cannot emphasize that enough. Fortunately Mommy-mode kicked in so I was able to deal with it all (including cleaning the carseat - EW). Let's hope it's a LONG time before that happens again!

Gender
BOY! Jack Wesley.

Movement
Jack moved a little further down this week, which caused a LOT of uncomfortableness (not a word, but whatever) for me Monday. Besides that, it's been the same ole thing.

Food Craving
No cravings. I do drink a lot of water though; I'm always so thirsty & have to have water available at all times.

Sleep
I hit a new degree of uncomfortable with my lower back & hip pain, so I had to bust out the dumb pregnancy pillow. I don't like it at all because it's so big & hard to work around when I turn over, but it does help me sleep at this point so I'll deal with it for the next few weeks.

What I am looking forward to
Our good friends Zac & Cara will be here this weekend - we haven't seen them since their wedding over 1.5 years ago since they live overseas now. It will be fun!

Symptoms
Fatigue, lower back/shoulder/hip pain (the back pain is a lot worse now), occasional joint pain, Braxton Hicks & cramping. I get quite uncomfortable by the evening & just can't do as much as I could before.

To Do List
-Finish Elliot's room (buy bookcase, buy lamp, make up top bunk, move in his clothes/books/toys)
-Move Elliot to new room - next week!
-Get out baby clothes, burp rags, etc. & wash
-Wash newborn diapers
-Raise crib & attach mobile
-Fill out hospital pre-admittance paperwork (done online, but need to sign some stuff at the hospital next week)
-Print birth plan & get signed by midwives (got it printed & ready for my appointments)
-Pack hospital bag (around 36 weeks) including getting postpartum supplies ready
-Put together pack-n-play in bedroom
-Put together swing & bouncer
-Install infant carseat
-Check/replace necessary newborn supplies: pacis, bottles/nipples, pump parts
-Buy Elliot a big brother gift from Jack to give him at the hospital

No comments: