Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Week 35

Fruit/Veggie
Honeydew melon (weight)

Size
Over 18 inches, about 5.25 lbs

Baby Changes (Source: BabyCenter.com.)
His kidneys are fully developed now, & his liver can process some waste products.

Best Moment this Week
Josh & I got to go to a wedding this weekend of a friend from Midland, & got to catch up with some of the parents of our friends from our high school church days (& my friend Kristin was there too!). It was great to spend time with them all. Also great - our house is being cleaned right now! Josh wonderfully hired a woman to deep clean our house (we've never had anyone else clean our house before), which is GREAT for my desire for things to be clean, but also my intense exhaustion & back pain. I am very thankful & glad that all that nitty-gritty stuff will be clean as we start off our family of four.

Gender
BOY! Jack Wesley.

Movement
I think Jack is starting to get more into position for labor - his bottom is sticking out more & I rarely feel his feet poking out on the sides of my stomach, which means he is hanging out with his back facing forward, which is good for labor.

Food Craving
I had an unhealthy craving this week - pop tarts! Oh golly. I gave in. I'm so ashamed!

Sleep
Same trend as the past few weeks - between my shoulders, lower back, hips, & stomach, it's hard to get comfortable. I'm SO tired when I wake up in the mornings.

What I am looking forward to
I'm enjoying not having much on our schedule these days. Our weekends are open for the most part so we are able to have a good mix of fun family time as well as productive time. I think we'll try to do a few more fun things with Elliot before Jack is born - indoors, of course. :)

Symptoms
Fatigue, Braxton Hicks/cramping, back/shoulder/hip pain, slight swelling, & my foot pain is now occasionally entire-right-leg pain. I went to a chiropractor tomorrow & got adjusted - my hips were out of alignment - so I'm hoping that helps. I go back Friday.

To Do List
-Finish Elliot's room (buy bookcase, buy lamp, make up top bunk, move in his clothes/books/toys)
-Move Elliot to new room - he's done great!
-Get out baby clothes, burp rags, etc. & wash
-Wash newborn diapers
-Raise crib & attach mobile
-Fill out hospital pre-admittance paperwork
-Print birth plan & get signed by midwives
-Pack hospital bag (around 36 weeks) including getting postpartum supplies ready
-Put together pack-n-play in bedroom
-Put together swing & bouncer
-Install infant carseat
-Check/replace necessary newborn supplies: pacis, bottles/nipples, pump parts
-Buy Elliot a big brother gift from Jack to give him at the hospital

No comments: