Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Movie Review: Fireproof


I know, I never review movies. Mainly because we rarely see them, & they are rarely worth reviewing. However. AMAZING. If you haven't seen it yet, you need to go. Now would be a good time.

The plot: Kirk Cameron (so cute by the way) is the main character, a fireman who is a hero to everyone but has a horrible marriage. They are on the brink of divorce when his father encourages him to spend 40 days loving his wife; each day has a new challenge for him. He tries all of the challenges but fails, until he realizes why he can't love her - he doesn't know true love himself.

Recommendation: go, go, go see this movie. It has all elements - romance, comedy (Josh at one point during the movie said, "I didn't think I was going to laugh this much."), action, drama. It speaks TRUTH in a world of lies. SO GOOD.

Something else: I saw an interview with Kirk Cameron on the Today show. He said that he has a commitment to never kiss another woman besides his wife, even in acting, so for the kiss in the movie, they brought in his wife & used her in that scene (you wouldn't know if you hadn't heard it, she doesn't look any different the way the camera views them). Yay for MORALS in the MOVIES!

3 comments:

The Dodds said...

oooooo I'm sooo excited!!!!

CLS said...

Can't wait to see it!!! Tag your it! (read my blog)

Anonymous said...

I just got back from watching Fireproof... it was great to see such a different-flavored movie on the regular, big screen